Tuesday, July 31, 2012

a slower pace

One of the things I love about farmlife is that it is a slower pace. The only deadlines I have are when the produce is ready to harvest (dont want to wait so long it rots) or when an animal is gonna have its babies (It doesnt always happen on my schedule, lol).  I dont think I would survive in the fast paced world where everyone is in such a hurry to get nowhere. I enjoy being able to take a break when I am tired and being able to decide when my work day is over. I can be in the middle of a job like cleaning pens and see something that I want to savor the memory of and I will stop and watch whatever it is. It could be anything from kid goats playing in the pasture to someone stopping to visit. I wont lie though the work is hard and at times is back breaking, sweaty, blood drawing work but at the end of the day I have a satisfaction that what I am doing makes a difference to our lives. I know where the food we eat comes from and that the animals we raised were treated well. I think some of my animals are downright spoiled at times. Like when my husband shares his sunflower seeds with them, lol. I dont have time to sit around and watch television all day but that is ok. I dont miss it at all. At the end of the day I do not wish I could have seen more television but I am happy to sit on the porch and enjoy the beautiful moon giving light to the night sky. I hope each of you finds simple things to enjoy, even if you live in the city and cannot live the kind of life I have chosen I believe that you can find a way to enjoy the things that God has truly blessed us all with.

This is a picture of me making faces at Doug's trail cam while out picking berries. It actually made him jump when he was going through the pics on the camera.  Have a blessed and wonderful day.

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment