Wednesday, January 1, 2014

saying goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014

Today is the beginning of a new year and for me that means starting over in a sense. There are things I wish I would have gotten done in 2013 and didn't and there are new things that I am excited about getting started in 2014. I use the end of the past year to think of all of the things I am proud of and some of the things I am not so proud of. December 31st is a time of recollection while January 1st is excitedly a time to put my past regrets behind me and start a new year with new goals and a sense of excitement. Here is a list of goals for this year. First thing I will do is pray over this list and ask God for guidance to make sure I am doing his will.

1.Spend more time in God's word
2. exercise daily (this is on top of my farm work)
3. Eat more real whole foods (like apples, celery, etc. I am aware that a twinkie is real as in it can be touched and felt and it is a whole item but as you know that is not what I mean by whole real food, nice try though.)
4. Eat no more processed food (this goes in step with number 3)
5. Improve upon the pens for the animals.
6. Pay off debt and improve finances
7. Save some money
8. grow a BIG garden and can the produce with the intention of raising as much of our own food as possible

These are the goals I have for now. I will be adding more goals as the year goes on. I am looking forward to sharing my progress and my set backs with you. 

Wishing you and your family a wonderful and blessed 2014!!

~April

2 comments:

  1. Love your goal list! We have some of the same goals for 2014, and I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished. Good luck to ya'll and happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cannot wait to see how we both get our goals accomplished. Have a wonderful 2014!!

      Delete