Monday, March 26, 2018

Starting over

     My plan was to be able to update everyone today on my real food challenge and say how wonderfully excellently perfect I did but that would be not exactly true a lie. I realized that I chose a very bad week to start the challenge. It was my birthday week! I did great up until my birthday and when all of the wonderful friends in my life wanted to celebrate it with me. I don't know about you but I never realized just how much we celebrate with sugar. As someone who likes sugar a little bit a whole heck of alot and is a tad bit majorly addicted to it, this was an impossible temptation. Now that all of the celebrating is over, I am re-starting  today, right now, not a second later! All of the rules are the same as in my last post and seeing as how I only get a year older once a year noone should be bringing me donuts. Unless of course they are made with all real foods. "hint hint". So without further ado today is Day 1!! I hope next Monday to be celebrating with all of you how great I feel but I imagine with the way I like sugar a little bit way too much that I will be talking about the withdrawal I am having but it won't be long until I am shouting how great I feel!!



      One of the things I love about spring is the babies we have on the farm. So I decided to share some pictures with you of all of the cuteness we have added so far. I sure do love this life that God has blessed us with.

This is Lucy. She is a heifer calf that we bought to raise for meat. She is what is called a freemartin and cannot get pregnant but we will love on her  everyday that she is with us.

These are 2 little bucklings that were born yesterday afternoon. I think baby goats are just about the cutest thing God made. I love these little guys already. They still need names.

Last spring one of the baby goats knocked over my meat rabbit pens and the rabbits got away. Last week I found these little ones in the barn. There are 6 of them in total but we were only able to catch 5. The 6th one enjoys sitting in the middle of one of the goat stalls and then darting away as soon as I begin to open the door.

I cannot be trusted at Tractor Supply. A couple weeks ago I went in to buy feed and came out with 20 chicks. You can never have too many eggs. 


I hope you enjoyed seeing the new faces on our farm. Happy spring!!!!

~April

Acts 14:17 New International Version (NIV)

17 Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment