Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Goals not resolutions


Before I get to my post about New Year's goals I would like to share with you my morning. It definitely did not go the way I had planned which goes along with one of my favorite sayings. "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." Today is my first day back to work after being on Christmas break and the school had a 2 hour delay so I was called in to work part of the morning shift. I only work the afternoon shift except when someone from the morning shift needs the morning off or if the school has a delay. Around 15 minutes before time to leave I went out to warm up the truck but it would not start!! My wonderful sister came up so we could use the jumper cables but either through user error or mechanical issues we could not get the truck to start so she left for work. I let my employer know I would not be in and then I went to get the charger off the tractor so I could hook it up to the truck. I know that I will someday be laughing at this but at the time I was not in the mood to laugh and the darn turkeys were sitting right beside me not knowing how close they were coming to being in a pot pie. I could not take the extension cord that the charger needs plugged into because it was encased in a frozen pile of turkey poop!!! Seriously!!!???? After dear old Doug stopped laughing when I called him he told me where to find another extension cord. The charger is hooked up to the battery but I still cannot get my truck to start so my mom will be taking me to work this afternoon.

Now onto the topic of my post. I have said this before and I am still a firm believer in making New Year's goals and not resolutions. For me it is alot harder to give up on a goal then it is to decide not to do a resolution. Everyone is different and if you like resolutions then I am glad that works for you but for me I need goals. Here is a list of the goals I have planned. This list is subject to change throughout the year (probably by adding more) but this is what I have so far.

1. stick to my read the bible in a year plan                          
2. learn to be content in all situations                                   
3. prioritize what is most important                                      
 4. lose the last 9 pounds I need to lose to hit goal                 
5. be a better wife                                                                 
 6. read more, electonics less                                                  
 7. the most important one rely on God more and myself less
 8. save money                                                                        
 9. eat less sugar  (goes along with weight loss)                      
10. love myself more and not worry about what others think  

I also have a goal of getting our farm running even better by the end of 2018 and other goals with the animals, garden, etc but I didn't want to bore you with a long list. Have a wonderful 2018 putting God first. God bless you all!

Psalm 90:12 Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. 

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment