Monday, January 1, 2018

How we bring in the new year.

Here at Why the Simple Life we started an annual tradition of having a game night to bring in the new year. Last year was the first year we did this and we had so much fun that we have decided to do it every year. Last year my son and daughter came with their families but they were unable to come but my sister and her family were able to come again this year and so did my mom for a little while. Last year once we decided to play Taboo we never got to any other game so we decided to play some other games first and this year we ended up never playing taboo because we got into a cutthroat game of Monopoly which my husband won but not for lack of trying on my sister, niece and my part.

I was the lucky one who got to have a partner in every game. See that little cutie sitting beside me? She loved playing the games with us.


I was the banker but of course Doug had to sit and watch over my shoulder to make sure I was being honest with the money.


I was so excited when I landed on Park Place and was able to buy it. My sister and I thought we had the win in the bag working together but it just was not in the cards.


Grace did not play with money or properties but she had fun moving her little doggie around the board.





If you look in Grace's hand you will see the very very good cowboy cookies I baked. We had cookies, chips with salsa and veggies with spinach dip along with some pop and a couple wine coolers. Don't worry I do not make a habit of drinking them. I just had one since it was New Year's Eve but ended up realizing that I would of rather drank a pop. The wine cooler tasted good but it made me really sleepy.


My oldest niece Tomi, she is a teen and actually had fun with us old adults. She was the only one that came close to beating Doug and she hung in really well clear until the end but in the end Doug won.


The guy closest to the camera is my brother in law, as you can see in the back that Doug was reading the directions to the game. Something probably was not going the way he wanted it to. lol

I love that my family can have a good time without having to load up on alcohol or do anything other than have some good old fashioned fun together. If you would like I would love for you to share how you rang in the New Year in the comments.

I am wishing each and every one of you a happy, wonderful, blessed 2018. Please remember to keep God first. God bless everyone.

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment