Saturday, February 9, 2013

See the duffel bag hanging from the clothesline? That is where a mama bird likes to build her nest.
This is what I see when I look out the window. Snow as far as the eye can see. While I was out being a maid to my goats, what else can I call myself when I am cleaning up their poop, I realized just how much I cannot wait for spring to get here. It seems like the closer it gets the more anxious and tired of the cold I get. I thank God for the warmth inside our home but sometimes I wish that warmth would spread to the outside.  I cannot wait until I can share a picture of a nice sunny day with a wonderful, thriving garden in ithe picture.

As I was out milking the goat today I started wondering what to blog about today. You see, I dont really know why anyone would want to read about my life but that made me start thinking about my life and how truly blessed I am and I want to share it with everyone else and hope to maybe inspire others to slow down and take it a little easier. I love the ideas of the Amish about living simple. I wish I didnt always find it so hard to not  hurry along what I am doing to get to my next thing I need to do and to just slow down and enjoy what I am doing now.

Another thing I am trying to accomplish is to rely on the grocery store less. I want to start making everything from scratch and relying on what I can grow more and going to farmer's markets instead of the grocery store, I believe that what they sell at the store is not healthy and we would all feel better if we bought in season, grew more and preserved what we grow. I know isnt possible for everyone to grow a large garden and put up enough stuff to eat the whole year but I think that most people could take babysteps toward this goal and plant a couple things like tomato or pepper plants. You can even plant these in containers.

You should head over to our simple farm and check out their challenge they have started for replacing the grocery store, I for one plan to accept this challenge. Below is the link to their page.



~April

http://www.oursimplefarm.com/2013/02/replacing-grocery-store-challenge-intro.html

No comments:

Post a Comment