Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Rain

Here is a picture of my niece on a nice sunny day.
Sometimes life can seem so unfair. There are places in the world that are going through droughts and wildfires and we have had so much rain lately that I think the animals are making plans for an ark. The poor cow is knee deep in mud if he goes anywhere near the barn and it takes me 2 buckets of water to clean the goat's udders at milking time because they have been walking through mud. The ducks do not seem to mind it and my garden is flourishing but I am worried that if the rain does not let up soon it will be too much water and my plants will die. I do have hope though. The bible says that God wants good things for his children and I am a child of God so I believe that God knows best and will take care of me! Sometimes the worries of this world can become so overpowering that it feels like there is an enormous weight on us all of the time but that means we have not given our problems over to God. It is hard for us humans to trust anyone but ourselves to take care of our problems. When we see a small child trying to do an impossible task, we realize that if that child would let us help them then the task would be so much easier but instead the child insists that they can do it themselves. Alot of times I am like that with God. There are so many things in my life that are too much for me to handle alone but I keep saying to God, "I can handle this", just like the child who insists they do not need help. But God is like that loving parent and waits until we realize that on our own we can not do this and when we are ready he is there to take over. I realize that there are so many things going on in the world today that make it look so bleak and like there is no hope but there is hope. My hope rests in my faith in Christ, he is my hope and my salvation.

Matthew 11:28-3028 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Have a blessed day! I cannot wait to have some sunshiny days!

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment