Sunday, March 18, 2018

I am either crazy or very smart!

Well, I have finally done it. I have either become crazy or I am going to feel like a whole new person in 100 days. I have no idea why I decided on 100 days but I guess if I last that long then it will probably (hopefully) become a life long change. I have decided for the next 100 days I am going to not eat anything processed. It has to either be grown, raised, foraged or hunted here or be something that could have been. I will be scouring farmer's markets and Amish bulk stores. I will probably be driving my family crazy and at first I may even be a little mean to them. Sorry family, please just remember it is the lack of processed things talking, especially the lack of sugars. I may have a headache for awhile but I believe by the end I will feel better then I have ever felt before.

Here are my rules:

1. It cannot come in a box
2. It can not come from a grocery store
3. It can be anything I grow
4. It can be anything a local farm grows
5. It can be anything from a tree that a local farm grows
6. It can be anything foraged on my farm or a local farm
7. It can be anything that comes from my goats
8. It can be meat that comes from our cow, pig, chickens, ducks, turkeys and rabbits
9. It can be eggs that come from our ducks and chickens
10. It can be anything that grows wild on my farm or a local farm
12. It can be from my bees
13. It can be from the trees. (maple syrup)

I also have a few exceptions to my rules:

1. I am still buying coffee. I do not know of anywhere local that grows coffee and I think for the safety of everyone around me I should still have coffee.
2. I will be buying wheat berries and yeast from a local bulk food store to grind my own flour for pancakes, breads, waffles etc.
3. I will buy local Amish butter. I do not have the resources right now to churn my own butter.
4. I may have to buy some real maple syrup and local raw honey . I am almost out.
5. Raw apple cider vinegar
6. I will be buying milk from a dairy until my goats are providing me with milk in a couple weeks.

I will also be making an exception next Saturday. My wonderful daughter already has a birthday party planned for me and I do not want to ruin her fun so I will allow myself for that one meal to eat what she has planned.  :)

I realize this is going to be a hard road at first but it is one that I am willing to take and I believe the Lord will be right by my side. I will have weekly updates about how it is going. I cannot wait to see how I feel at the end. This mornings breakfast was great, even though the taste of the coffee without all of that flavored creamer will get some getting used to.

Breakfast today:

Bacon, eggs, potatoes with onions and coffee sweetened with maple syrup and whole milk.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you and hope you will comment and me know what you think. Have a blessed Sunday!!

~April

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

I got this idea from an awesome blogger I have been following. Please go check out her blog. She even has a great members area for only $5 a month. I think it is worth the money!!  Farm Fresh For Life

2 comments: