Thursday, June 25, 2015

Farm happenings

There has been alot going on here at the farm lately. I have not been able to post in the last few weeks because my daughter has been sick but she is feeling better so life can get back to some resemblance of normal now.


My husband and I went out to White House Fruit Farm a couple weekends ago with some friends to pick our own strawberries. The strawberries were so nice and big and we had a great time. It was hard to get Doug to stop eating the strawberries but as you can tell in the picture  alot of them finally ended up in the baskets. I plan to go again next year.

We have had a visitor on our farm lately. I call him Henry and he is a beautiful blue peacock. It has been such a joy to have him coming around. We found his owners yesterday so they will be coming to get him soon but it was fun having him here for awhile.
I have decided that if I want to get anything done around here I am just going to have to get wet. It has been raining alot here. One of the good things about it is that it rinses all of the mud and muck off of me. This morning I needed to do some work in the chicken pen and by the time I was done I was filthy. After washing my hands I went and picked some black raspberries and while I was out it began raining and by the time I got back in all of the mud was rinsed from my clothes. So you see there is always a silver lining to every dark cloud. The berries are doing amazingly well this year. After not having any last year I was worried about how small the crop this year would be but I ended up with almost a full gallon bucket today and I did not get to all of the bushes because I needed to come in for lunch. I will be back out tomorrow looking for more. Then after the raspberries are done it will be time to pick blackberries and it looks like we are going to have a bumper crop this year.

Have a blessed day!
~April



No comments:

Post a Comment