Thursday, April 25, 2013

headache!

     I am having trouble getting pictures to upload so sadly there will be no pictures along with today's post.
     A few days ago watermelons were on sale at our local grocery store so I bought one and tonight my son and I were eating some and even though I thought it tasted all right it didnt seem to have the wonderful flavor that watermelon should have. It is another example of why I love growing my own things instead of puchasing them at the grocery store. I also like to buy fruits and vegetables at the farmer's market when they are in season. Yum! I cannot wait to start eating out of my own garden again this year.
     Today my husband had a doctor's appointment and I went with him. On the trip back I developed a horrible headache, the throbbing pain was unbearable in my temple. So, when I got home I rubbed some peppermint oil onto my temple and put a little above my eyebrow where my head was throbbing and almost instantly I could feel some relief. My kids say that I think peppermint cures everything, lol. I dont think it cures everything but I think it is good for alot of things. If you have an upset stomach sometimes sucking on a peppermint candy can help. Now, how often does someone tell you that candy can be a good thing. Also, if I am starting to feel congested or like my allergies are going to bother me I will drink some peppermint tea or simmer some dried peppermint leaves on the woodburner or the kitchen stove depending on what time of year it is because we only have our woodburner in when it is cold. I also like to use peppermint oil on an assortment of things. I have read that putting peppermint oil on your dog will repel fleas but I havent tried that one yet but I do know that it is good for muscle aches and headaches. I do want to say though that I am not a doctor and I am in no way telling you to do these things, I am just sharing with you what I do while I am on this journey of discovering how to take care of myself more naturally. Have a wonderful and blessed day!

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment