Friday, March 7, 2014

Being content

                                                            Being content





                                         Philippians 4:11-13

                      11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be 
                      content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need,
                      and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being 
                      content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether
                      living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me 
                      strength. 


Do you find it hard to be content in every situation you are in? I do. I find it easy to be content when things are going the way I want them too and I am comfortable but what about the times when you are not getting what you want? Those are the times when it is the hardest. I am writing this post the day after having carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand, a month ago I had the same surgery on my right hand and I realized that last time I was not very content. I refused to just relax and allow myself to heal. I just pushed myself to try and do the things I was used to doing and insisted on doing them myself instead of allowing others to help me. Instead of enjoying my days of rest I was wearing myself out and wishing the days away. All I could think about was what I could not do and being upset that life wasn't the way I wanted it to be. I was not very content. Not only was I suffering I also was not allowing others to experience the joy of helping me. I was wore out, unhappy, and causing myself unneeded pain. This time I have decided to accept the situation and be content with my circumstances and allow myself to see what God has in store. I know it is going to be great.

Is there a situation in your life that instead of being content and allowing God to give you the strength to get you through you are instead feeling that it is unfair and being miserable about the circumstance? Now is the time to pray and give it to God and allow him to give you the strength. There is no circumstance so big or so small that God does not want to help you through it.



Philippians 4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. 

Have a wonderful and blessed day.

~April

If you enjoy my blog then come join me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment