Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thursday blessings

Sometimes bad things happen to us in life and sometimes it is hard to get past those things. God does not promise that we will not have bad times but he does promise to be with us and get us through those bad times. The world seems to want to have us see so much of the bad, if you watch the news or watch tv in general there is so much sadness and violence. I want us to start seeing more of the good so I have decided to start having Thursday blessings on my blog. Every Thursday we will come here and share the blessings God has given us and be thankful for those blessings.

1 Corinthians 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.


Yesterday God blessed my husband, Doug and I with our second grandchild. I always thought that I could never love anyone as much as I love my children and then 2 years ago God gave us our first grandson and I realized that there is something so special about the love I feel for the child of one of my children. Being a wife, a mother and a grandmother is the greatest feeling in the world and comes in second for the greatest love I feel. The love of God is the first. Yesterday was tax day so I hope everyone got their taxes done and it was also the birthday of my second grandson. Just like my first grandson, this one is perfect. He is healthy, weighing in at 8 pounds 5 ounces and is beautiful! Below is a picture of both of my grandsons. I feel so blessed to have grandchildren at a young age. I am not young, just young to be a grandma, or mimi as they call me. 


My beautiful daughter holding her nephew

my amazing husband holding his second grandson for the first time

my angels

me holding my second grandson for the first time

my daughter in law holding both of her precious children

my grandma holding her second great great grandson
my handsome son holding his second son

my children acting silly
I hope you have enjoyed sharing in my joy today and please post a comment with a way you have been blessed. Have a wonderful and blessed day!!

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment