Thursday, April 23, 2015

Today's Thankful Thursday

     I have decided to change the name on Thursdays to Thankful Thursday instead of Thursday blessings, I think it has a better ring to it but it is still the same thing. Each Thursday I will share something I am thankful for.
      This Thursday I am thankful for the family God has blessed me with. I have been very blessed in that area. Growing up I never gave a second thought to how loving and caring my family was. I just took it for granted but the older I get the more I realize just how special it is. I hear so many stories of families hurting each other and not caring what happens to each other. It breaks my heart to see so many hurting families. I cannot even imagine what that must be like. I grew up in a home where I knew I was loved and one of my biggest goals is that my children know just how much I love them. I was raised in a home with my mom, grandfather, grandmother and sister. We did not have everything we wanted but we had all that we needed. Now, that I am grown and have children and grandchildren of my own I realize that what material possessions you give a child is not as important as the love you give that child.  We celebrated the 1 week birthday of my newest grandson and the 20th birthday of my son's fiance' yesterday and I realized that another special thing about my family is that we are willing to accept others into our family with all of the love we have to offer. Below are some pictures from the party.







Have a blessed day and please share your Thankful Thursday in the comments below.

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment