Thursday, December 28, 2017

Changes

      Alot of things have been changing in my life and along with these changes I am beginning to see a change in myself. I still homestead, I raise my own meat, veggies, eggs, honey and hope to someday have our own fruit from our small orchard. I plan to can produce again this year I am interested in making my own cleaners and beauty products but there are things that have changed about me also. One thing that has changed is I have lost 40 pounds. I eat very little sugar and I have so much more energy and feel so much better about myself. I still drink whole raw goat's milk when the goat's have milk but I will also drink skim milk. I am interested in making my own skin care products but I also enjoy makeup and moisturizers from Sephora, I like getting my unmentionables from VS and I also like to get candles from bath and body works. I was going to start a new blog but decided that it would be better to stay on this blog and let you stay on this journey with me. I am confused by all that has changed. I used to only make food from scratch but I have been buying bread from the store. I will still shop at farmer's markets and grow my own food in the growing season and I stay away from prepackaged foods as much as possible. I have begun working at an afterschool program 4 hours a day to help with the costs of running a farm and it works out perfect because that still leaves me time to be a housewife and farmer. If my blog posts seem to contradict one another occasionally it is because this all confuses me. This is a new chapter in my life and I hope you will follow along with me while I sort this all out.
      Today was very cold. I think the high was around 20. We have to go out a few times to chop the ice off of the animals water but the animals seem to take the cold much better then I do. I have raynaud's disease and it causes me to get sores on my toes in the winter. It is painful but tolerable. I do try to keep my feet as warm as possible though. Mom had to work today so I spent the day working on our menu plan and shopping list so that and after she got off work we could go to the grocery store, mall and our weightwatchers meeting. I am up 1.6 pounds but that was expected after all of the sugary treats I ate over Christmas. Nothing exciting happened on the farm today. The winter is pretty boring, it is mainly spent trying to keep the water thawed for the animals.




Christmas was so much fun this year. I think it was our best one ever. Our 2 grandsons are at the perfect ages for it to be fun. I pray that everyone had a great Christmas and that you remembered to keep Christ first.

No comments:

Post a Comment