Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Living the Simple Life

While browsing pinterest today I realized that I have really gotten away from the simple life that I enjoyed so much and I have begun creeping my way into the fast paced modern world. Things that used to be so important to me have been moved to the back burner of life and it has left me feeling a little empty inside. So, this winter I am going to reevaluate my life and see what things need to be changed back to the way they used to be. We decided for me to get a part time job to help afford the lifestyle that we were living but I have discovered that instead we were trying to afford other things that did not used to be important to us. Today I am working on a list of those things that we want to do. I am not sure if my husband's list is the same but I hope it is at least similar. I have all winter to get this planned out. We are homesteaders and that is what I want to stay as.

1. learn to make my own beauty products
2. make my own cleaning supplies
3. bake bread
4. cook from scratch
5. raise cows for meat
6. raise ducks for eggs and meat
7. learn to spin yarn
8. have a list each week for things that I want to get done
9. meal plan
10. this should be number 1 on my list. Make God my first priority.
11. learn to live on less
12. purge our home of the things we do not need
13. less social media and television
14. have simple holidays

This is just the beginning of my list. I am sure it will get longer as the days go on and I know I have also said all of this before but whenever we fall down we just get back up and try again. Have a blessed day!

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment